Just played Defiance Beta weekend 3!

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation Just played Defiance Beta weekend 3!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bodgeup
    Fleet Member

Hey fellow floaters, some of you may remember me mentioning that new SyFy TV show coming called Defiance and also that it has a companion MMO! Anyway i got an invite for the 3rd beta weekend so i thought id check it out! I must admit I was pleasantly surprised! Its an FPS style MMO but its got some differences to others out there, for one the combat is instantaneous. By that i mean its not like in other MMO’s where you attack and wait for DMG this is like a proper FPS shooter there is no lag for DMG to take effect so its really nice to play. Also it sure looks good for an MMO and its also voice acted in the main story arc which is a very nice touch! I do hate reading lots of dialogue like in STO. I mean it is still a beta so i can assume there is much more to come but from what ive played so far im impressed, its really adictive. Also its very novel idea lauching a game alongside the TV series! U can watch the TV show then play the game in between so i think thats a great idea! Im not sure if its going to be Sub or F2P yet but i do hope it will be F2P, F2P model does seem to be a very good strategy to make money just look at STO. Thats 3 yrs old now and i know its only been F2P for just over a year now but it has to have been the best thing they could have done for the game. That move not only rejuvenated the game it also bought lots of new players and ensured the future of STO, I mean the money they must make from lock boxes and ship sales! Ive spent over £300 so far and ive only been playing since 17/01/2012 when it went F2P, that was the main reason i did play! If i had subbed i would have only have payed around £100 a year so the F2P model seems to work.

Anyway back to Defiance, I dont know if you can register now to get in this weekends beta but im sure if u register for the beta ull be included next time! I highly recommend it and who knows if we get a few of us playing we could form a clan. I use the same nick in that so u can find me by searching for bodgeup.

If you want to kjnow more PM me or goto SyFy.com and click the defiance links.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.