How To Chat In The Console (XBox) Version Of STO

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck How To Chat In The Console (XBox) Version Of STO

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Hey everybody. Shaw here.

Fleet member @stomper was asking if there was some sort of way to chat without a keyboard attached when playing Star Trek Online on consoles.

I did some Google searching, and the short answer appears to be “Yes”, but I could only find one article explaining in detail how it’s done.

The article is for one of Cryptic’s other games (Neverwinter Nights), but I’ve noticed that Cryptic’s games tend to share secondary systems, so I expect that Neverwinter and Star Trek Online use the same type of chat system.

Also, the guide I’ve linked is for the XBox. I couldn’t find anything about chat commands for the PS4.

If my Google-Fu has simply failed me, and anyone reading this knows more about how to chat easily in the console versions of the game, feel free to reply in this thread. More information would be appreciated.

Meanwhile, here’s the link to chatting in the XBox version of Neverwinter Nights which (hopefully) will also work for STO 360 gamers.

http://www.windowscentral.com/neverwinter-chat-guide

Cheers,

Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.