haveing internet trouble with sto this may fix it

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck haveing internet trouble with sto this may fix it

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mrbruce1970
    Fleet Member

Simply sounds like bad routing somewhere for you on the left coast. I’d let it play out for a day or two before talking to your ISP.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Somewhat better today as I am able to get on but still having hiccups of the rubberbanding and messed up data. At least by doffs are caught up on both toons though my dil ore reserve has shrunk by 16k since I haven’t been farming. I won;t consider it resolved until I go a full day without any problems and until then I prolly won’t do many missions, don’t want to stick anyone with a leaver… :/ Stay tuned campers!

Update: Still having problems but was able to get a little done today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Will keep trying, have done all I can.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Still not able to play. No response from PWE though others with this problem have and still cannot play. Finally got connected just now but still not pulling data for assignments, etc. so not working.

TS Isaac went through Florida Keys yesterday and I am still dealing with outer squall lines in eastern FL mainland. Have only lost power once though early this morning but we are getting hammered at the moment. No worries though, been through much worse, full blown hurricanes: Goerges in ’98 and Jeanne and Francis in ’05 so this is a cakewalk for me. 🙄

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Don’t know if I am totally out of the woods yet but so far, almost 4 hours and no problems.

I ran across a post about the Pando Media Booster. Apparently, Cryptic has used this P2P program to distribute updates embedded in the patch which in my book is a violation of my personal network security but that’s beside the point. PMB apparently remains running after a patch and can cause problems as it continues to poll for updates. I uninstalled the program ‘Pando Media Booster’ and did a Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up running processes and killed pmb.exe. Why this still loaded after a reboot I don’t know but I will be checking for it in subsequent patches.

This ‘may’ not be what solved my problem however for I was trying any and all ‘fixes’ I’d found including making sure my router had port forwarding enabled for TCP/UDP ports 80,443, 7000-7500. I’m also using the US proxy without a problem.

So, for now, I am happy with the performance. Wish me luck for continued success

I’ve satisfied my STO fix and I am no longer suffering withdrawl.

mrbruce1970
    Fleet Member

Turbine used Pando as well, and it’s well documented that it causes some issues for some users. I didn’t know STO used it otherwise I would have suggested removing it.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@mrbruce1970 wrote:

Turbine used Pando as well, and it’s well documented that it causes some issues for some users. I didn’t know STO used it otherwise I would have suggested removing it.

Thanks… Im just glad I got back in before I was having more serious withdrawl :mrgreen:

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.