Graphics issue

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Graphics issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim44305
    Fleet Member

I’ve been having an intermittent problem in the game with a black flashing object appearing in space. I don’t recall it happening on the ground but do remember being on a ground mission a couple times where in a room one corner would be extremely dark while the rest of the room is well lit. Not sure if that part is meant to be like that or not (will take a screenshot next time i see it happen). I’ve fiddled with graphics settings and the computer is easily capable of running everything on high settings but regardless whether I put settings at high or low (even turned off some features to see if that helped) the black flashing shape was still there. It does appear and reappear when you shift your camera and sometimes remains still at certain camera angles.

The only thing I found odd while playing with the settings was that my resolution, which I set at 1920 x 1080 60Hz always shows as 40Hz no matter that I clicked on the setting for 60Hz. This was true of every 60Hz resolution option I tried. I checked my monitors refresh rate to make sure it was set at 60Hz and it was. I tried setting it at 40 on my computer as well as in game to test it and it made no difference. The object was still there.

If anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate your help. It’s not something that makes the game unplayable but it really is a distraction. I’ll attach a couple of pictures of the flickering object below. I’ve even tried firing torpedoes at it just refuses to be targeted. 😆

Beta
    Fleet Member

The flickering textures is a known bug, well have to wait and see if cryptic fixes it.

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

Thank you Beta. Glad to know I can stop scouring tech forums to try to solve the issue.

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

You should see some blurr i get while playing :-), i just learned to ignore it.

bodgeup
    Fleet Member

HAve you sorted this? It looks like dropped textures? If it is u might want to try doing a force check to see if there are any missing texture files? Although i’m not sure how good that check actually is? U might be better off doing a clean reinstall, do an uninstall and make sure the Cryptic DIR is gone in Prog files, if its not after removing via add & remove programs just delete it then re-download and install then see if it helps?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.