First Appearance Of The Elachi In Trek (Kitty Called It)

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck First Appearance Of The Elachi In Trek (Kitty Called It)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Hey all, Shaw here!

As above, Kitty noticed this first, and mentioned it in game-chat. I’ve just finished watching the episode in question, and I believe she’s absolutely right.

There’s a first-season episode of Star Trek: Enterprise titled “Silent Enemy”. In this episode, Jonathan Archer’s Enterprise encounters a predatory starship which does not communicate, but which threatens the ship and its crew.

If you watch the episode, we see the alien race briefly (although they are never named, or otherwise identified) and they look very much like the Elachi “friends” our Romulan characters have been tangling with recently.

Not only is their ship design strongly reminiscent of certain Elachi designs, their ship fires crescent-shaped energy blasts, just as the Elachi vessels in-game are known to do.

Like Kitty, I suspect Cryptic took what was otherwise a throw-away plot, and built a whole backstory and culture for the alien race in question — to give us the Romulan storyline most of us have been enjoying these days.

From 2151 to 2409 … I guess the Elachi have been up to no good for quite a while!

Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Melock
    Fleet Member

Good find. I am going to watch the episode during today’s maintenance.
    When I first watched the episode, I thought they were the Breen.

Negator
    Fleet Member

seems sto wiki agrees….

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Elachi

Marcus Sateda
    Fleet Member

I think it is these guys from TNG Season 6, Episode 5 Called: “Schisms”

Notice on the 2nd links page that Riker is being drawn into a vortex just like in the Romulan campaign where you find a Cardassian ship in that funky cloud. On the ship you see security footage of a cardassian being pulled into the same type of vortex. Also, at the bottom of the first links page it says:

“The Elachi in Star Trek Online are implied to be the same species as these lifeforms. They play a large role in the Romulan Republic storyline.”

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Solanogen-based_lifeform

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Schisms_%28episode%29

We ALL say & do stupid things sometimes...
    Forgive, you WILL feel better!

KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Hey Marcus,

I noticed that the STOWiki reference BNeg cited (thanks, BNeg) also referenced the TNG episode “Schisms”, but I don’t recall “Schisms” showing us anything specific of the aliens (they were just robed and hooded figures, as I recall), or their starship technology.

Not saying they couldm’t be the Elachi, I’m only saying that the ENT episode specifically shows us a starship like the ones we see in the game; starship weapons fire which looks familiar,and a brief glimpse of the aliens themselves — who look very much like the Elachi.

So yeah, you could be absolutely correct. All I’m saying is, the ENT episode “Silent Enemy” which Kitty flagged, shows details which are explicitly identified with the Elachi.

I’ve got to learn to explain myself better! 🙂

Cheers,

Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.