Application for Syrdeth

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Syrdeth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Syrdeth
    Fleet Member

Main character’s name: Misae@syrdeth. I also have two alts, T’Pemma and Zaira (KDF)
    Real Name (first name only): Scott
    Location (at least time zone): Cleveland, OH EST
    Are you Silver/gold/ or Lifetime?: Silver, though I was Gold for 30 days. Yay, account bank!
    Tell us about yourself (trek/game history, whatever you want us to know about you):

Wow, what an open-ended question. I could be verbose, or I could be concise. We’ll see how this goes.

Trek History? First watched TOS in the 70’s when it was in syndication as a kid. Loved it. Saw the first episode of TNG as it premiered. Saw DS9, VOY and ENT that way as well. Watched all of the movies, all of TNG, but only saw parts of DS9, VOY and ENT throughout the years. Long story behind that, but it involved moving three times in four years. I’m making up for it now. Almost done with the 1st season of DS9 and will move on to the others eventually.

Game History: I’m primarily a PC Gamer. I’ve been playing MMOs since 1999. Asheron’s Call was my first, then Asheron’s Call 2 (briefly), back to AC then Horizons (where I joined my current guild), WoW and now LOTRO (which I am still playing). Tried out STO in late September. I really like it. It’s not perfect, it has it’s faults, yes, but it’s still fun to play. And that’s the important thing, right? I should have tried it out earlier.

My favorite ST game is Star Trek: Bridge Commander. God, I love that game. I wish we had interaction like that with our bridge crew in STO, but I can understand the technical limitations of why we can’t.

I’m still working out how to divide my time between STO and LOTRO. Seems to be more STO heavy lately.

One more thing. All my characters are female. This is from playing my FemSheps (Female Commander Shepard) in the Mass Effect games. I honestly don’t know why I’m mentioning this, I just felt it had to be stated.

Why did you choose the Mighty 44th: I got tired of the random fleet invites, until I found how to turn them off. Also, my LOTRO guild leader suggested that I find a fleet since we don’t have an “official presence” in STO. I looked at the available fleets that posted on the STO forums. I also spoke with a few people in game, but their fleets didn’t seem to be a good fit. The 44th seems very similiar to my LOTRO guild. Just a wee bit bigger. 🙂

Have you read the rules (the rules and regulations are located under the ‘About Us’ tab at the top): Yes, and they are very reasonable. Some of the other fleets I looked at had… odd rules and I’ll just leave it at that.

Rules: http://startrek.44thfleet.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=57

Are you willing to use Teamspeak?: Yes, just note that my LOTRO guild uses Ventrillo so when I’m playing that I’ll be on that with them.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Thanks for applying to the 44th.

We will get you a fleet invite soon. Make sure you enable fleet invites. In the meantime, please see this thread for info about the fleet and how to join the private fleet channel:
    http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

Feel free to list your alts in this thread. We will get them invites too. We do have a KDF fleet, although the KDF starbase is no where near as far along as our Fed base.

And MMORPG stands for Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls, so no worries 🙂

EDIT: Invite sent.

Syrdeth
    Fleet Member

Changed my post to include alts.

I’ll switch on Fleet invites when I log on. The random invites just got annoying. 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.