44th Foundry Mission / Boff Grinder with a 15min Timer

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck 44th Foundry Mission / Boff Grinder with a 15min Timer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    max40watt
    Fleet Member

Hey 44th,

I’ve created a simple Foundry mission for the use of the Fleet’s Dilithium and Fleet Mark grinding needs. It’s called ‘Boff Grinder w/ 15 minute timer’ and it is about as simple as they get. Just set your boffs on the platform, activate the console, and then go AFK for 15 minutes. A crude timer created with npc characters runs during the mission and I believe I have it calibrated to as close to 15 minutes as possible.

The mission was made for running in the background while you need to do other things than play STO but still want to grind a bit of dilithium or marks. Unfortunately, I need several more 15+ minute runs from different accounts before it will be accepted by the system as a valid mission, so if you guys have the chance, give it a run.

Max

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I have seen a few very similar but I think they make you kill xx waves. I like the idea of a timer as well, so if my away team is more hung over than usual and wipe it doesn’t add more time to the grind. On that note I am thinking to have an all engi away team with a horde of turrets set up to slaughter! 😉

max40watt
    Fleet Member

Actually seeing similar foundry missions is what gave me the idea. In the other ones I’ve tried, if I went AFK it would last for around 20 to 30+ minutes with my relatively well equipped BOFFs. What I wanted was something easier on the BOFFs and with an actual countdown timer. I was sad to find that the Foundry doesn’t have the ability to use timers, so I had to generate a makeshift one with NPCs. Ideally this should be as close to the 15 minute limit as possible with the timer helping to enforce that for people who have better equipped BOFFS while not making the enemies so hard that poorly equipped BOFFs are slaughtered.

Kanadym
    Fleet Member

Tried this Foundry mission earlier.
    Thank you for the creative effort!

Some feedback:
    1. During one of the waves, one Klingon actually crossed the barrier from where I was standing and actually attacked my main character. Not sure if this was supposed to happen.
    2. I ended up killing the Klingon with my pulsewave. Not sure if that was supposed to happen either.
    3. There was a group of enemies trying to spawn behind the rock where I was standing. Not sure what was supposed to happen there.
    4. BOFFs completed the mission but not sure if any mission rewards were awarded (what are the completion awards by the way?).

Overall, it was an interesting experience. Found myself actually watching and critiquing my BOFFs performance. Hence my comment post mission “Interesting…” Can’t wait to try it again (after I’ve made a few adjustments).

Thanks again!
    Havoc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.