Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship – Opinions

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship – Opinions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well with the new 2021 Event Campaign, I have a chance of getting “Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship”, so I am going to list my choices to see if I can get some opinions on my choices, it doesn’t I am asking you to decide for me, I am a stubborn old Klingon so not much changes my mind once its made up.

1)  D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier – I just love this D7 nothing except BoP screams Klingon like D7s, reason for this one is it has so many things I like – Pets, it’s a MWorker Ship, it has a Cyclical Quantum Slipstream Drive. Not too interested in the other T6 D7s.

2) Na’Qjej Intel Battlecruiser – I just like the looks of this ship and the idea of the Glorious Charge, I am not sure how actually good it is game but still. I am also looking at its trait – Trait: Ceaseless Momentum, and thinking about the Temer Alliance Raider’s trait – Trait: Sniper (starship) and seeing how the two would work together.

3) Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser – LoL the big monster, I have not seen many of these out and about, but I like the look, it has pets, and I know its slow beast and seen the comments about it being attack at 12Km on Redditt but it’s still a great looking ship.

4) Ba’ul Sentry Vessel – I only know about this ship from wiki and the few times I seen it in battle, it looks very interesting.

5) Liberated Borg Command Juggernaut – This was recommended to me be a friend on Redditt, it just on here because of the suggestion I know not much about it. IT look interesting on wiki BUT I have been wrong about that before.

6) Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store – Reason for this choice is my budget, it is limited and more ships purchases might not be happening. Also I thinking about the fact that, the Box Ship are for only ONE Captain, and not for the account, which is making really me re-thinking even wanting Box Ships as a whole.

Why no Federation ships? I am just not interested in the Feds, and even now that my Klingons can fly them I still do not really like playing them.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by SgtKen60.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by SgtKen60.

aka @sgtken60

Marcase
    Admin
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Don’t forget you can also buy Fleet ships directly from any vendor – yes, it is the smarter route to first buy the ‘original’ zen version (for the account unlock AND trait) and only then the fleet variant – but fleet ships are cheap. The Fleet credits and fleet ship modules you can get in-game via your reputation system (so basically by just playing the game) without spending actual zen or real $.

I actually bought some fleet ships just to try them out on a single character as to avoid spending zen. Just throwing this out there.

Re your choice of ships; you said it, it’s *your* choice and as long you like the ship itself for reason x,y,z *and* have fun with it, it doesn’t matter which you pick. But just throwing my two Klingon nickels out there:

D7 – Screams Klingon across all ages, no fault to find really. Looks and stats are quite good. Leans more to a tanky-ish build, but can still do a very mean alpha strike (decloak/ambush). Trait: meh. It’s only a 30sec 2% bonus which resets (!) after each kill. Not an OP ‘must have’ trait.
    Hangar bays are always good, also comes with an improved Slipstream Drive, which is nice.

Na’Qjej/Cleave – packs a bigger punch than the D7. Better Torpedo trait which is nice if you use Torp builds often (I use the Fed version on all of mine). Lacks any hangar which is not a deal breaker, but still. But most of all, it’s not a D7 🙂

Durgath – Massive dreadnought with the matching stats to boot. Heavy tanker with the ability to launch frigates (maybe even BoPs like the Voquv? Not sure). So it’s actually a heavy carrier 2x frigate bays. T6 Repair trait is a bit iffy to me, as it *disables* you for 5 secs – which is plain annoying when you’re chasing your prey – but it does make you very survivable.
    Personally I’d just go for the Temporal space skill Continuity to get me out of trouble.

Ba’ul Sentry – very unique and very prominent appearance when entering any map. Does need to be able to ‘park’ itsel for its unique ability, so you can’t chase targets (or race out of danger). Needs a tanky/science build which is a good combination, but requires a (new?) specialized character to take full advantage of all its space magic potential.

Borg Juggernaught – Big Momma. I wanna have it just to have it 🙂

In short, I’d pick the D7. The other ships are nice, but they’re no D7!

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

D7 – Screams Klingon across all ages, no fault to find really. Looks and stats are quite good.

Yes it does, it is what I am 99% sure I will go for. Thanks Marcase

aka @sgtken60

Shohom
    Commodore
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I was lucky enough to get the fed version of the MW D7, it’s great in so many ways. It’s the primary ship for my main toon and doesn’t look like that’s gonna change anytime soon. Apart from its trait and speed, everything about this ship is gooooood. Definitely recommend it.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Definitely recommend it.

Thanks, Shohom

aka @sgtken60

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I am considering the D7 MW. It has a great trait useful on any build and one of the best ships for tanking or DPS, plus one of the better looking.

It will be between that and the 1500 lobi for me. Leaning toward the lobi since I don’t do gamble boxes and have no other way to obtain it, although 1500 is more than I know what to do with tbh.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

It will be between that and the 1500 lobi for me.

Yeah the D7 MW is a great ship. And here is the other I keep thinking about, the D7 is Box ship which means its bound to a single character, but “Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store” would give two more account-wide ships, even though I have wanted a T6 – D7 since I started, this want is fading because of that.

And the lobi is interesting, I do not go for boxes much BUT I am not sure which items are account bound or character bound so I not to sure about it as well.

aka @sgtken60

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Sgt Ken – I can see a case for the 2 T6 coupons. Some of the best ships in the game are C Store ships with really good traits and consoles. If you run alot of alts like most of us do, two ships (and ship traits/consoles) they can all use may have alot more utility than a promo ship for a single character.

Everything in the Lobi store is character bound, but 1500 is quite a bit of lobi. Some of the best consoles are lobi and are 200 lobi each, so you could get some nice things for several characters. These can’t be sold on the exchange, so my first priority to use lobi on. Also some nice ground weapons that are less expensive.

Lobi Ships can be sold on the exchange, so I usually prefer to buy them with EC and save lobi for the items that can’t be acquired any other way.

Can’t go wrong with any of the choices, it just depends on your play style and what has most utility for you.

Marcase
    Admin
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

^ Everything that G’Luv said. ^

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

2 T6 coupons

G’Luv and @Marcase thanks for you advice. I am leaning towards the 2 T6 coupons even more.

While I have always wanting a T6 D7, I am turning more and more away from the Box Ships and it’s only because they are not account unlocks.

I am still thinking on this, but I have the Klothos MW Cruiser, so I was planning for next on my list of KDF ships – Mat’Ha Raptor, or Qib Intel Battlecruiser, or Qugh MW Battlecruiser.

As far as lobi, there is so many items on it’s list that I want BUT so much of its character only, so that’s a issue for me.

aka @sgtken60

JJ
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

If anyone deserves a D7, it’s you Ken.

I’m going to second mention the trait on the ship – Ruin of our Enemies – top trait, but requires you to make the kill, so it’s better for the high DPS players.

One thing for you to consider – lots of rumours of a single pack legendary D7 this year. How would that effect your plans?

aka @jj_jiminey

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

If anyone deserves a D7, it’s you Ken. I’m going to second mention the trait on the ship – Ruin of our Enemies – top trait, but requires you to make the kill, so it’s better for the high DPS players. One thing for you to consider – lots of rumours of a single pack legendary D7 this year. How would that effect your plans?

Legendary D7 Pack — It would depend on the price. It’s gotten tighter for us. Deserves – a D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier? Thanks JJ, but I still thinking about it, I been watching videos and chatting on twitter (cannot use discord on my phone anymore), I still have a problem with it being character bonded and not account.

I mean I could get two T6 like the Martok and the Kurak for the whole account or with the Lobi some of the special consoles that I have been hearing about.

I guess the day I complete it I figure it out then 🙂

aka @sgtken60

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.